Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Bio

A few things about me.  Here goes.

I...

Believe in love at first kiss.

Focus so hard sometimes I won’t hear you talking to me.

Short attention-span.

At age 8: Iearned to ski.

Also at 8: taught myself to type on an IBM Selectric.

At 9: started my own newspaper.

At 16: learned to drive (in the snow).

First car was a brown 1980 Saab GLi.

Love a challenge and being told no.

Won’t take no for an answer.

Can’t relax for very long.

When I relax, I really relax.

Could watch “The Office” all day.

Justin Long appears to be a very good kisser.

In real life, I believe Kate Winslet and I would be fast friends.

Tendency to be indecisive.

Previously known as wildly impulsive.

Open-minded.

Judgemental.

Born enabler.

Born to run.

I worry about everyone. All the time.

I love peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwiches.

I cry every time I see that ASPCA ad with Sara McLachlan.

Have a small ass and a big mouth.

Restless with myself.

Patient with you.

Thick skinned at work.

Sensitive in my personal life.

Take things literally.

Don’t hold grudges.

Love mysteries.

Am madly in love with my boyfriend.

Am madly in love with my Himalayan cat, Smashface.

Grew up in a tiny New England village.

Got a little smarter at a tiny college 30 miles outside of Chicago.

Got really smart living in a 1979 Cadillac Coupe de Ville in Malibu one winter.

Smartened up and left that guy.

And that guy.

And that husband.

Learned to write while writing short stories for my little brother.

Wrote my first screenplay at NYU when I was 24.

Still tie my shoes wrong.

Still type wrong.

Still ski. But it's been a while.

Wonder if I’ll ever have kids.

Think I’d be a great mom.

Often think the best word is the first one.

Don’t believe in having the last word.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can write, you always could write! You also love carrot cake and the fam, good cosmetics, calm and finally, yard work!

art vitamins said...

I surprised myself with the yard work! :) There is something about that "do it yourself" hard work that is so satisfying. As for carrot cake, still love it, but...the Raspberry Elegance cake (with cream cheese frosting) from Publix is now my fav. You must try!

Anonymous said...

Yes have kids. I'm not doing it by myself, man.

what i'm thinking

My photo
writing is like putting puzzles together. except i hate puzzles. they remind me of rainy days in the poconos, locked indoors with relatives for some kind of annual family reunion. but words, strung together, placed just so, can be just like music. i love words, their meaning, their rhythm, their ability to persuade, move, thrill---and when strategically placed together, they're just like pieces of a puzzle. Because when the piece is complete, it just is. There's nothing left to do except go outside and feel the rain come down.